Forum 2!
Hey everyone, thank you for visiting my first picture project. I love technology and anything to do with computers. The subject I picked to photograph does seem a little bit silly and very dull, but I was working on a project and got inspired by how I placed them when I was finished using them. I first want to this is my very first blog, and I have no clue what I'm doing with it or how it's going to turn out. I'm not to good with pictures and I'm not very creative with photography, but I gave it the best I could. I really hope you guys are fascinated by the simple yet interesting photos I took.

Negative Space
This is a fascinating shot of negative space. I like to view negative space as a space for opportunity. The plain white background surrounding the colorful pencils makes for a simple but fascinating picture. I like to use this picture as a optimistic stance, kind of like the glass is half full or half empty. Imagine this as a drawing board full of creativity just waiting to happen, all it takes is the first step to get started.
Depth and Cropping
This is probably my favorite of all the pictures I took. In this picture you get a feeling of depth added with a little cropping. The picture focuses mainly on the pencils and blurs the box and background objects. This picture also permits a little detail of the pencils themselves as we can see the carvings of where they have been sharpened. The white table with the shadows underneath them create a pretty cool affect on the pencils, as it draws them forward and forces you to focus on the pencils.
Close-Up
This is my close-up shot. It was my first picture, and I testing out how I wanted to do things. Nothing really too inspiring about the photo. This picture does illustrate a little depth.
Lines/Symmetry/Long-Shot
This picture turned out better than I thought. I was trying to capture a line and symmetry photo, but I managed to get a long-shot photo out of it after I checked it for the blog. The doors on both sides creates a decent Symmetrical environment, and the door frames create natural framing. The side railing in the architect and the floor design leads to the pencils in the window.
Framing/Point of View
This is my second favorite picture of the photos I took. I took this picture to demonstrate natural framing, and to get a specific view from "inside the box". I used the pencil box to focus all concentration on the pencils and to form the framing. Also I really thought the idea would be cool to use the box for a special purpose other than a container.
I really enjoyed this project and getting to use my camera "skills" to see the artwork that I can create. I still admit it's definitely not the greatest pictures I've ever taken, but I believe it was a great first attempt. I look forward to doing my next project. Thank you so much for reading, and I hope you enjoy my first blog. Keep on being creative!




Comments
Post a Comment